The thoughts in your head are just what I put down on paper.

Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Spring Cleaning

It's not Spring, but I don't care. I don't even care if Spring is supposed to be capitalized or not. I threw out about ten magazines and an entire recycling can full of papers today, and I still have a sack of papers on my desk. That's right--a sack. It is a "plastic sack", people, and it's okay to use that word instead of "bag". I feel that "paper bag" goes very nicely together, as does "plastic sack". I'm only discussing this because no one on the East Coast uses the term "sack" in that way. They use "sack", when discussing football, but that is all.

Paper bag. Plastic sack.

2 comments:

  1. actually, "in the sack" has a sexual reference here in the South-East!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think "in the sack" has a sexual reference everywhere, probably because a bed is like a sack of sheets. You'll notice no one says "in the bag" with sexual connotation. But they do say, "Mike's got this one in the bag"--meaning Mike's about ready to accomplish something.

    Hmm...very interesting. Good point, B.

    ReplyDelete